Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, April 13, 2016

NANA SAYS SPRING BRINGS RELIGIOUS SERVICES

Baptisms, First Communions and Confirmations are beginning to happen. In the United Church of Canada, baptisms are very important too. This Sunday will be the baptism of my youngest grandson. It gives an opportunity to stop and reflect on what faith means to family. Attendance at church is down but there are many people in Canada that state Christian as their religion. It makes me realize that adults must role model faith to children. Belonging to a church is one way to demonstrate it. One of my grandchildren one day stated, I do not believe in God. My answer- well God believes in you! So not just talking but doing the walking of practicising Christian values does keep the faith alive. Meanwhile the Baptism will be enjoyed. It will be our family's time of quiet reflection.

1 comment:

  1. "I do not believe in God. My answer- well God believes in you!" The perfect answer, Barb!

    ReplyDelete