Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, April 20, 2016

NANA SAYS CHILDREN ARE WORTH IT

There can be days in a busy life with whining children and just too much to do that you may think, was having children worth it! For this Nana yes! It's true the grandchildren can be fun but also work too. I recalled a time when my children were little- 5 and 3. It was after a long week of work and stuff. Friday night decided to share the bath with the kids so I could go to bed early too. I was washing my hair at the end of the bath when two little hands with a soapy washcloth started to wash my back. The simple touch made me slow down and be calm. A little child supporting a Mommy! In your busy time as  parents give your children a chance to be there for you. Thank them. Include them. Be available-especially for teenagers who may need a hug more than the little ones. Put away the gadgets. Have a movie night with popcorn! Play a board game or go for a simple walk together. Take time to let little hands help you!

1 comment: