Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, August 12, 2013

THE MOOSE-A CANADIAN ICON


The moose is a Canadian icon and can be found everywhere. Although it is a shy, aggressive animal that lives in the bush, many souvenirs, T-shirts and knickknacks have moose motifs. Even at this Niagara winery there is an interesting moose sculpture. Artists often use the shedded antlers for sculptures and other pieces. Have you ever encountered a moose on the loose? For drivers on country roads the moose can be quite dangerous. Caution is always needed! My home has some moose items like my fridge magnets from some Canadian locales. How about you?

1 comment:

  1. No moose magnets on my fridge door. I do have several bug magnets though.

    ReplyDelete