Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, September 22, 2022

BOOMER BARBARA ROCKS RETIREMENT-DOING ACTIVITIES IN MANAGEABLE STAGES

 I know. 

We see older people doing amazing feats. Marathons. Biking kilometers. Weight lifting.

Living in their homes until they are 105 years old.

Well you get the picture.

However for many the energy level is not the same as in our youth. Not a tragedy but often just a fact.

So all my skills of breaking tasks into manageable parts have served me well as I age. 

For example, preparing for a large holiday dinner, I begin the preparations further in advance. I try to make sure all the ingredients are in the house. 

For Thanksgiving it coincides with some Fall cleaning. Actually an excuse to clean after enjoying the summer months. But slowly and methodically. 



The transition between summer and fall. One leaf at a time.




Also taking the time to enjoy the last colours of the summer season during that transition.

I find I do not want to be running around the days before any big event so I do a walk so to speak.

The list is made in advance and the items added as I go along.

Decluttering the corners where the dinner will occur start slowly too. If I am cleaning and sorting I want it to have several functions- getting ready for the dinner and cleaning the house.

I also believe I do not need to impress anyone. My family are happy to be able to join together and celebrate.

So going at activities with a consistent pace but not strenuous gets the workload done.

And of course that outside work is always staring me in the face.

Do you find as you age that many activities are just boring? And the boredom factor kicks in!!

So I am not always sure if it is the energy level or the boredom factor!!

What do you think?

#boomerbarbararockretirement#doingactivitiesinmanageableparts#conservingmyenergylevel#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment