Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, September 29, 2022

NANA SAYS TO RELATE TO MODERN CHILDREN GET INTO THEIR WORLD

 I love being around my grandchildren.

I love talking with them.

However with their attention to their cellphones and other devices are they really listening?

So I find to relate to them I get into their world!

One example!!

I text them as much as possible. 

Little hellos. 

I know I would rather have a real conversation but during the week or times when we do not see each other a quick text works. They do not want to talk on the phone. 



Of course, liking what they put on Instagram helps as well.

Trying to relate to their music. Who do they like? What are their favourite songs?

Staying in their world.  Then they know Nana loves them.

Then as often as I can I talk about history. They know I love history.

So to one who went to the Leafs game where they were celebrating the 1972 Summit I asked how he liked it. See history does not have to be so dull!!

Relationships are built on sharing and well relating. It does not pay to talk about the good old days. It pays to talk about the now days!! Of course, Nanas are smart about sneaking in some good old days too!

#nanasayshowtorelatetomodernchildren#childrenandcellphones#devicesandnotalking#textingyourgrandhchildren#relatingtoyourgrandchildren#talkingaboutnowandnotalwaysthegoodolddays#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment