Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, November 4, 2021

HONOURING RICHMOND HILL VETERANS

 Banners are visible throughout Richmond Hill of residents who served. Families donate the banners for their loved ones.









The most recent veteran. Matthew served in Afghanistan. His grandparents put a wreath every year in his honour at our local Remembrance Day service.












I took these photos in 2019. They are not all the banners on Yonge Street in Richmond Hill. I do need to capture the remaining ones.

I noticed Aurora has their banners out as well.

We had family that have served. No one in my family died during any war. My husband had a grandfather that died in World War One.

#richmondhillveterans#bannershonouringtheveterans#familypayforthebanners#yongestreethasthebanners#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment