Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, November 4, 2021

BARB'S GENEALOGY TIDBITS-REMEMBERING FAMILY VETERANS

 During the week before Remembrance Day, remembering our family veterans is important.

One of my grandchildren's school asks for pictures from family members who served for Canada.

In our family, Ernie Ellis in World War One, Parkin Alton and Ellie Park in World War Two and Jim Ward in Afghanistan.

My son-in-law has family members who served as well. 

Adolph's grandfather Antonio Di Mambro died serving Italy in World War One.

Stories about service make great additions to our family histories.

I have written about Ernie's service on a couple of blog posts. I am adding stories to my other family stories.

My mother-in-law did not serve but provided me with her recollections of her war experiences.

I constantly peruse websites and vintage pictures for potential additions to the stories. 

For example, I do not have a picture of Ernie in uniform. So I try to determine if he is in any pictures from World War One especially Vimy Ridge. Adding his story is something to give to my future generations.

Genealogical data is important to cite our sources but enriched stories bring our ancestors alive.

#veterans#familystories#ellis#alton#park#ward#warstories#thankingfamilymembers#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment