Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, July 12, 2021

GARDENS ARE MORE THAN PRETTY FLOWERS-SOMETIMES MEMORIALS

 When I worked at CNIB-Canadian National Institute for the Blind- years ago, there was a beautiful garden that was called The Fragrance Garden. It helped people with visual challenges to enjoy the garden area.

Famous gardens world wide attract so many people.

Toronto is devising a Healing Garden for Indigenous people. Of course others can go to the garden. It will be completed by 2023. As the project evolves I will post more information here.

I am really writing this post as there was an endearing segment on Your Morning June 11, 2021.

A 91 year old widower of 4 years created a memory garden in honour of his late wife of 66 years.

They loved the Wizard of Oz so his garden was a tribute to the story. Complete with painted gold coloured bricks. And all the other characters. I will try to find a picture.

It just seemed so sweet. So when he is in the garden, he feels close to his wife. 

I know I planted some pink roses after my mother died in 2012. 

Many people plant trees or flowers or put tributes in their garden to those they have lost.

How about you? Have you planted something in someone's honour? Have you been to a memorial garden?

#memorialgardens#healinggardenproposedinToronto#wizardofozinagardenforhiswife#lovingsomeoneinagardenway#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment