Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, July 27, 2021

BARB'S GENEALOGY TIDBITS-SUPPORT TO KAWARTHA BRANCH

 Belonging to several branches of OGS it is difficult to be as supportive to every branch.

The York Region branch is good but I lived in this area and have no ancestral connections. So I have posted pictures and wrote one short article on where I live.

I submitted articles over the years to the Durham and Leeds and Grenville branches.

Kawartha Branch has more of my articles especially the Ball Point series. Lots of research notes on City of Kawartha Lakes, former Victoria County. So joining with the few active members that keep the branch moving and shaking I have started to write book reviews. 

I will be perusing all my research notes on all of City of Kawartha Lakes not just Mariposa Township.

Any article or essay often has lots of information not needed or used. However there could be someone out there who may benefit from it.

Branches survive with volunteer participation. So I am trying to be more active with my branches.

I have chosen in the last two years to put my essays or articles on this blog. I find it is easier not to have my writing overly edited.

But contributions to newsletters are important too.

So I may rework some of my posts to put in the Kawartha newsletter as well as other branches.

Genealogy needs contributions of members. So pick a branch or group and submit your family history and information

#kawarthabranch#submittinginformationfornewsletters#writeupthosefamilystories#contributingkeepsthebranchesalive#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment