Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, September 11, 2020

NANA SAYS SEEING OUR CHILDREN BACK AT SCHOOL MELTS MY HEART

 Okay I get it. Parents had to make the decision of back to school or stay home.

I can't help but embrace the back to school. Jump in the deep end.

Wear a mask.

Physical distance.

Wash your hands.

Stay in your cohort.

Yes. Yes. Yes. There are risks and challenges. Tough for every parent. 

Yes I get it. 

But I care about the long term PTSD of the pandemic. The huge, yes very huge mental health piece.

So as much as I love all children, right now I care the most about my SIX and those of my family members coast to coast.

I am the backup as needed. 

School with its new normal has lots of challenges. But I believe in the kids. They will show us the way.

Six months ago no one would be doing all the protocols that have become the new normal for all of us.

So to mine and yours, keep going. Stand on your own two feet.

Resilience prevails. The corny day by day prevails.


Seeing a school bus picking up a student melted my heart. Something normal for September. A student and a bus driver doing their thing.

I drove by a local school yesterday. Seeing children in small groups in the school yard running around with a mask break being outside. I smiled. Not the old normal but the new normal. The teacher with her masks.

Our kids will show us the way. And this Nana will stand by them. Mask and clean hands.

#nanasaysyeahtobacktoschool#nanawillbethebackup#mysixreallycounts#schoolhelpswithmentalhealth#pandemicandmentalhealthissues#PTSDfromthepandemic#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#schoolandthenewnormal#parentshavetoughdecisions#nanaisalwaysthebackupandthereformygrandkiddies

No comments:

Post a Comment