Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, March 19, 2020

A FAVOURITE MAGAZINE OR TWO CAN HELP WITH THE STRESS

Sure we can read lots online. Sitting at a computer all day is not good for your mental health.

But a cozy corner with a book or a magazine that takes less time to peruse can be a joyful moment. When the weather is warmer to be outside enjoying the fresh air.

I subscribe to several magazines. As a retiree, nice to read short articles on a variety of themes.

Good Times and Zoomer are for the senior bunch.

Walrus

Canadian Living

House Beautiful

Canada History

But lots of themed magazines.are out there.

For kids- a good way to encourage reading.

So when you are out picking up some groceries grab a magazine or two.

I had a pile of old magazines trying to decide what to do with them. So I put them on the curb with a note for people to grab one or two during this COVID19 crisis.



You guessed it. They were all gone this morning. So I put out another batch.

What I love about a magazine are the beautiful pictures and quality writing.

My Senior magazines had some good articles on tax benefits written in laymen terms.

So to ease the stress- grab a magazine.
#magazines#magazinesareeasyreads#lotsofprettypictures#grabamagazinewhenoutshopping#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment