Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, March 25, 2020

BOOMER BARBARA ROCKS RETIREMENT- SO SELF ISOLATING IS NOTHING NEW BUT IT SUCKS

For those of us with family members with chronic and debilitating illnesses, we have been washing hands and self isolating for longer than you think.
When first hearing of this little virus months ago, the ears perked and thoughts to protecting my loved one occurred.
My fear for the last two years has been a simple cold or flu bug.

Thus all vaccinations are up to date. High dose flu shot, shingles shot and my loved one has both the pneumonia shots.

Will they help with this COVID19? Not sure. But they will not hurt.



As a retired health care professional, I have always recommended the flu shot. Have been getting one for years. I did not want to bring any illness home to my family.

So for me to keep my distance, wash my hands, handle the household items with care has been my mantra for years.

Now it is a little over the top. Wiping off any packages that come to the house. Putting outdoor things like my mitts on the floor vent. Not sure if heat kills the virus but not near my spouse.

As a retiree, I have tons of home interests. I have stayed close to home. Now just closer and mostly home.

My daughters are helping with goodies for us. Yes I did stock up for the last two months knowing this situation could occur.

But I am doing my part to connect with others. Making a daily phone call to someone in my family/friend group. Emails are good but the voice is good too.

Writing letters and friendly notes. Yes writing. Fun for little ones in far away places to get a letter or Easter card. Of course I washed my hands before writing and sending them off.

I call my grandchildren regularly. Have the Whatapp on one cell phone so can video chat so they can see their papa!!

Overall, the self isolating really sucks. To stay home and not just go to the mall and look at pretty things once in a while sucks. Having a pandemic sucks. Worrying about family and friends and self sucks.

So how are you coping? Do you find it sucks too??
#COVID19sucks#copingathome#retireesdealingwiththecrisis#whatareyourfears#whatcanyoudotocope#reachingouttofamilyandfriends#beingthereforyourlovedone#havingfearofgivingittoasickperson#protectingthevulnerable#relyingonothersforsupportofgoodsdelivered#writingaletterintimeslikethis#washingyourhands#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barabaradimambro

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are safe Barb and Adolph. We are safe in our home, do all that we are suppose to do, have lots of ingredients and yarn to keep me busy, Reed has his hobbies down stairs in his "man cave". We place items that we need on line at the superstore and delivery is done. So all in all, we are content being isolated, but we do go for a short drive just to see new scenery other than 4 walls. But we don't get out of the car, just to get in and out at home only. Take care both of you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes cars are great for self isolating. I see lots of people doing it. I go for a power walk and there is usually no one around. Ways to get out without affecting other people. You take care of yourselves too.

    ReplyDelete