Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, March 25, 2020

NANA SAYS A SIMPLE INDOOR PLANTING PROJECT FOR CHILDREN.

I gave my daughter some sunflower seeds I bought for the grandchildren to plant indoors.

The thought occurred to me it is a science project and fun. You can go online and get what the experts might say or just be creative.

So you do not have pots.
So I started some seeds in some beer cups. As they grow I will separate and put in other cups.

When the seeds grow and need spacing, use any containers. Plastic packaging, styrofoam cup etc for planting. For example, an old rusted muffin tin makes for nice separate growing areas.
Do not over water. Place near some sun.

So you do not have any seeds? Well of course you do.

A tomato, take out the seeds.
A cantaloupe, take out the seeds.
A cucumber, take out the seeds.
An apple, take out the seeds.
An orange, take out the seeds.
You can dry them or just put them in your container wet.

No potting soil. Well get a couple of leaves, crunch them up and put at the bottom of your container and get some dirt from outside.
Or.
If you have any house plants, take a spoon or two from each pot.

Of course, many stores have bags of potting soil that I am sure you can order online and have delivered or pick up in store.

Canadian Tire
Home Hardware
Home Depot.
Walmart

Or if lucky get some from a Nana!!
#homegrowing#makeaplant#growingasascienceproject#usingcontainerstoplantyourseeds#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#nanasayshavefunplanting#storeshavepottingsoil

No comments:

Post a Comment