Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, August 26, 2019

ENJOYING THOSE LAST DAYS OF AUGUST

Once the crisp morning air comes along it makes me want to clean and do garden cleanup and just get going for the Fall. By getting boring tasks done, it leaves room for my creativity.
So pulling out knitting and crocheting projects. Reviewing what wool I want to have in my hands.
The quilting that I have been neglecting because my machines need their tensions adjusted. So guess what, come hell or high water I will get a machine working.
My goal is to start with simple designs to get back in the swing of sewing. A simple patchwork would be good.
But August is still here. So those wonderful morning walks are a must. Listening to the birds. The air is so breathable.
Went for a sundae at Dairy Queen with my daughter and grandson. They brought a cone home for Grandpa.
August still gives us a chance to embrace summer. Take it all in. Look at the summer pictures of fun. Then there's time to take more.
The writing projects have been ongoing. In other years I put them aside for the summer. Not this year. I have been writing all summer. Uploading pictures for the various family history lines. I am glad. As some of those stories are almost finished. Yeah for me.
My walks have given me inspiration for short stories and vignettes. So many in draft form. Maybe I will finish them and put on this blog and maybe I will not.
So back to enjoying the last days of August.
#August#enjoyingthelastdaysofaugust#summerpictures#reflectivthoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#summergardening#gettingthosehandicraftsgoing#knitting#crocheting#quiltprojects#lovingthistimeofyear#summerfruitandvegetables

No comments:

Post a Comment