Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, August 13, 2019

BOOMER BARBARA ROCKS RETIREMENT- ROUTINES HELP

The freedom of retirement can become boring quickly. Having meaningful activities can be difficult as the time factor means there is no rush to finish in a hurry.
Routines give meaning to life. They help to keep us focused.
So driving my grandchildren to camp this week again is a good thing. Need to be up and ready to go.
It is a nice feeling. Frankly it is a feeling of being needed.  A real function.
Work gave us those real functions. We had a job to do.
 Retirement often does not give us a job to do.Yes I know there are those who claim they are busier than when they worked.
Not for me. Not busier. I am doing the same things- my interests. Yes more time to do them.
I try with my writing projects to give myself deadlines. Otherwise I can take my time. Procrastinate. Do something else. Have a nap.
So getting back on the horse and finding more routines in my day let's me get more done.
With Fall around the corner sadly I write, the house could use some daily cleaning routines. Not hours but maybe 1 hour daily then back to my projects.
So routines come in many forms- daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, annually. Marking it down and knowing what needs to be done keeps me on track.
I miss the work environment of accomplishing so much in a day.
#retirement#routineshelpwithactivitiesbeingcompleted#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#settingaschedule#havingmeaninfulactivities

No comments:

Post a Comment