Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, May 31, 2019

IT'S A JUNGLE OUT THERE-WELL I MEAN MY GARDEN

Often thought of as a tough neighbourhood. Well the jungle refers to my garden. It is a jungle.
The plants are growing tall. I let some of the natural wild flowers just bloom and grown. The old vegetable garden is full of everything. I have been putting the compost items there hoping some renegade seeds will sprout something. You know when you find a squash growing in a flower bed. Well I want the old veggie garden to do that. Perhaps it is wishful thinking.
I try to keep the front yard neat as I can. Then you come through the gate and bam the jungle is there.
Once some spring flowers have finished in my paths like those precious blue forget -me-nots, I am going to use my weed whacker and cut off the foliage. Then I will spray the paths with some weed wipe out. I used to spray the whole plant then it would kill the top leaves but not kill the plant.
I have learned. Too hard to try to hand pick thousands of little growth plants.
Besides I let the garden be wild last year. Guess what? Lots of different butterflies and birds visited.
So if I am tired of trying to get some order, the jungle it will be.
Of course the pots on the porch are okay.

#gardenisajungle#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#gardeningiswork#tryingtomakesomeorderoutofchaos#thepathsareovergrown

No comments:

Post a Comment