Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, November 22, 2016

ARE YOU AN ANTIQUE?

Life is full of everything. People of all ages. Older folks still feel young inside even if their bodies have slowed down. Age can be irrelevant! Some 80 somethings can be more energetic than 50 somethings. In the workplace, the staff has aged. Many older employees have retired. Now being one of the older ones, the ageism comments creep in often. Trying to be a supportive colleague, it is very difficult to discuss simple events. Being compared to others' mothers and often grandmothers has become quite boring over the years that just not sharing what I do has become the norm. How was your weekend? My response- busy like everyone else! I also do not get into pissing contests with female colleagues. Who has done more? Whose lives are more interesting? Just would like some of my colleagues that have since left to visit so I could have a friendly, non-challenging conversation.  I read, I write, I challenge myself. I love the antics of my grandchildren. They make me smile and feel all fuzzy inside. If I share a story then the contest starts to compare whatever else is going on! I am a good listener so if someone has a story I just listen. I would love the same respect back! I do modern things- have a cell phone and take some pictures on it but like the antique I love my camera and uploading good photos. I even print pictures too. Like digital, photo books and even share those print pictures with others. Just sending an email with an attachment is nice but I like to think my recipients enjoy seeing a print picture in their hands sometimes. Antique! But I love being one. Those that visit my home see that I have collected antiques over the years. My kitchen has an 1850 Butternut buffet that is durable and attractive, for example. So are you an antique? Like I, do you enjoy being one?

1 comment:

  1. judging by my age, I'm an antique ... I also prefer a camera over my iPhone for better quality images ... just have to remember to carry the camera!

    ReplyDelete