Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, November 20, 2016

COUNTDOWN TO A CANADIAN CHRISTMAS-WEEK 6

Cashed in some Shoppers Drug Mart points to get some misc Christmas goodies and a couple of toys for grandchildren on Tuesday. I couldn't wait for the big bonus one. I still can cash in two more times. 95,000 points to get $170.00 worth of stuff-free. The extra bonus ones usually gives an extra $50.00. It will probably be at the beginning of December so can buy more goodies, some appetizers and lots of food items. Depends what is left on my list. One of the best bonus deals in town. #ShoppersDrugMart.
Saturday was blitz shopping at Indigo/Chapters for books of course. The store is amazing with lots of non book items. #IndigoBooks.
Then to Canadian Tire for some outdoor items for the kids- little shovels in pink and blue plus a green plastic sledder for each family. And another string of white outdoor lights. I want to change my display a little. Paid a bill then to Mastermind to buy a Rubik cube for two grandsons. They both love math so thought they may like them. I never could master the cube! A little Dollie and free brush/mirror for the youngest granddaughter. My online shopping packages arrived Friday so shopping is coming to a nice conclusion. I will shortlist what I have done to see what else is on the lists. The big kids want gift cards- boring but doable.
Of course, stocking up for the drinks needed- a trip to the LCBO- Liquor Control Board of Ontairo. They always have gift packages for Chirstmas. Special Cat Bottle wine from Germany for Christmas day. I bought some Beer and Wine for the Birhtday celebration too. I always buy a bottle of Sweet Vermouth. It was a tradition with my Italian Mother-in-law to have  a little drink with her before Christmas Eve dinner. With ice and a slice of lemon, the vermouth is poured in a glass. It just keeps some traditions to have it in the house.
Watched Christmas movies in my bedroom while I finished wrapping another out of town parcel and some of the local gifts. Two grandchildren are sleeping over next weekend and there will be a birthday celebration. They like to snoop and peek so if the gifts are wrapped and in a bigger bag then it saves the problem of hiding the presents.
Sunday has been card writing and addressing the envelopes. They will be sent the end of November but are done. I finished sewing the ends of an afghan I made over the last month for my oldest granddaughter. I have been working on the blue and red hat another grandson wants.
Good thing there is lots of music in the background as it helps with the Christmas stuff.
After the birthday celebration next weekend, I will start to decorate the house. I have a couple of things out but the big chore will be after November 28th.

1 comment:

  1. I get tired just hearing about your Christmas preparations ...

    ReplyDelete