Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, November 13, 2016

COUNTDOWN TO A CANADIAN CHRISTMAS 2016-WEEK 7

Okay it's mid-November but most active homes are already in the throngs of preparing for Christmas. Some have their outside lights up now that Remembrance Day is over and others like myself are organizing their display. Checking the lights to make sure the strings still work. Perhaps adding a new ornament or two. This year added a prelit deer for the front garden. Sobeys had some floral arrangements so found one with a deer so perhaps a little deer theme on the go for the front..My letters to the troops have been sent so they make the outgoing mail before November 18th. 17 locations in total. Never know what they mean to the people who receive the - Any Canadian Forces Member letter. I like to think each card or letter adds to a wall of Christmas cheer in all the locations. My family newsletter is complete so will be addressing my cards in the next week or so but not sending until the beginning of December. Two out of town parcels are wrapped and addressed. One to finish! In my younger years I had 6 or 7 to do! Yes must do active Christmas shopping for the local ones. Some stuff done but much more needs to be on the go. It is good to wait for all the sales that start soon and of course the end of the month brings Black Friday. Now with the online shopping feature to everything some things are just a click away. There are always gift cards too. Money works for part of the gift to the kids as they do like to buy something they like after Christmas.  I do not decorate the house until after my oldest daughter's birthday. This year is a special one so having a little dinner here for her and all the clan on the 27th. So the countdown is well under way in my house. How about your house? How is it going?

1 comment:

  1. brunch with my family on Christmas morning planned and dinner for MJ's family here ... should be a good day

    ReplyDelete