Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, June 16, 2014

DAISY BRINGS A LITTLE HAPPINESS TO THE CANADIAN GARDEN

Season for the variety of daisies in the garden. Smaller than a Sunflower, it is a happy little flower. It adds some colour differently. Between the purple, yellow and red colours of others, the white draws our eye to it. Besides we can all play- he loves me, he loves me not! There are some wild ones that like to grow in my paths and in the garden. I leave them until they are finished flowering. Letting some wild ones abound allows their little seeds to go to the wind to grow elsewhere. Although I do not have a wild flower bed per se, I actually have several wild flowers growing so I feel I am doing my duty to save the natural growth. Of course, weeds do find their way too. Since the laws changed about what kind of week killer can be used , the weeds at the side of the roads are abundant and ugly. Needless to say they make their way to gardens. So when a few wild flowers that are actually pretty arrive, they are a wonderful addition. Thus the daisy with all its varieties is a June/July garden flower. Do you have daisies in your garden? What varieties do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment