Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, June 21, 2014

THE SUMMER SOLSTICE-THE CANADIAN SUMMER BEGINS

June 21st is the longest day of the year. The summer solstice! The first day of summer! How meaningful as we all look forward to the lazy, hazy days of summer. Changes in season always bring some reflections. Remembering other times in our lives when summer was so anticipated. As a young child waiting for the school year to end. Hoping I passed! Who would my teacher be the next year? Waiting to get my free ticket to the CNE-Canadian National Exhibition- that all school children received in the Toronto area! Sometimes being pulled from school early to go to Algonquin Park with my family to secure a good camping spot at Rock Lake. A week at Ball Point on Lake Scugog! In High School, writing exams! University-well into my summer job or jobs! Now this day is the birthday of one of my sweet grandsons! He turns 6 today! What new events and reflections will come from this summer! Canadians will be on the move soon- to the cottage, south to beaches and Disney World, to Europe for those adventures, cross Canada country trips and others enjoying their local events with meaningful staycations!  A change! More of the same! Dancing like our ancestors of old! Remembering my Celtic roots! Oh summer Solstice- bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment