Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, May 1, 2014

HYACINTHS GROW IN MAY

As most people know about me May is my favourite month. Beautiful flowers such as hyacinths grow abundantly in the garden. A very Canadian spring bulb it is also significant in other cultures. The Persian spring- Noorz  includes this fragrant flower. It is a happy flower. Slowly making its way out of the earth. There are a variety of colours that can be grown. It is the aroma that captivates the gardener. Like most spring bulbs it does not last long enough. However, in early spring many supermarkets sell pots of them. Of course, I bought one to liven up my home. Sometimes it would be nice if all the spring bulbs burst into colour to make an incredible collage of flowers. But one space at a time reveals the next bulb to poke its head and reveal its foliage. The spring garden is the best one. The flowers just start to present themselves. The gardener can wait and watch after the leaves that kept them warm during the winter are cleared. It's the weeds and digging to aerate the soil that is more work which is coming soon. Of course I have my helper for it! How is your garden doing? Do you have hyacinths? Do you have a wonderful display of spring colours?

No comments:

Post a Comment