Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, May 23, 2014

LIFE'S JOURNEYS BRINGS MANY THOUGHTS

On our journeys in life there is light and often shadows. Our lives are complex with all the interactions that happen in a day. Considering  a lifetime multiply it by 1000 or more. Do you ever consider all the failures and successes? The highs? The lows? Do current events remind you how far you have come?  Sometimes I consider all the conflicts at work for example. The differences of opinion that I wish would stop. Sometimes commenting then being challenged unwarranted brings thoughts about how many of these conflicts have happened over the years. Sometimes it's the age thing. A fun comment like- I printed some of my pictures to who prints anymore when it can be in the cell phone! Well I print pictures- I like photo albums, scrapbooking and giving extra photos to others. Oh yes, I download to the computer and am able to upload, email to others and use all the modern techniques. Then no one buys CDs or vinyl. Did you know there are over 16 stores in downtown Toronto that sell LPs- vinyl records and turntables? It seems there are people like myself that use every media. Actually I want to sell most of my albums!!  Yes I have a VHS and DVD player to be able to see my tapes as well as my DVDs. A package from my cable provider to be able to have movies at home. The library is still a good place to go and take out a book or two. Just listening to the radio in the car can be enjoyable.
Okay so the work stuff. The age thing! How do I demonstrate that my work ethic is different than my young colleagues? Well it is. No sick days or time off for no reason. I actually work through my lunch most days unless there is a talk with a lunch n learn component with a free lunch. The professional snobbery! One discipline pulling rank over another- well I am smarter and know more than you because I am a ..........! Boring and tiring! Most times I just like to listen and not get into the discussion. Concentrate on the tasks at hand! Just do it like the ad says! Sometimes I feel, I am not just too old for this but really have been down this road too many times! Then I have a case where my experience and knowledge makes a difference in a person's life. Then I know why I am doing what I am doing despite any challenges. My children appreciate me and my grandchildren give me joy! Maybe the weekend needs some down time to cure up with a book, hug a grandchild and just reflect on all the good stuff and forget those that aggravate me. I have lots of resources. So it sounds like a plan. If I need to burn some energy there is always housework!

No comments:

Post a Comment