Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, May 8, 2014

COMPLIMENTS-THOSE FINER MOMENTS IN LIFE

Compliments are important in life. Knowing we do things well is self fulfilling. Being recognized by others is icing on the cake. Compliments for me are positive ways to keep the energy good especially in work environments. Acknowledging and recognizing others around us also makes one endearing. Watch the smile and glow on someones'  face when a compliment is shared. Staff love it when a patient or family thank us with a card, donuts or chocolates. The little thank you can go a long way. A compliment takes the thank you one stage further. Oh yes there can be back handed compliments that are sarcastic and not really a compliment. I always love it when someone says " you look really nice today!" Does it mean I don't look nice everyday? Or is it a real compliment? I don't comment on people's weight. I don't like to say- have you lost weight? I try not to feed into the "adult anorexic thing". Perhaps a weight loss could be a health issue brewing and not a happy loss! Do we really want to point out to fatter people that they now look better thinner? If a compliment is sincere and a real compliment then go for it. Positive thoughts and comments are needed in this world. So did you receive a compliment today? Have you given one to other?

No comments:

Post a Comment