Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, October 6, 2013

A TRIP TO A LOCAL FARM IN VAUGHAN ONTARIO

I had fun going to a local farm very close to home. Buying apples and squash for next week's Thanksgiving dinner was fun. The Fall brings more fresh produce like the pumpkins pictured.

This little market is surviving amongst growing subdivisions. Nearby there is a wonderful pumpkin field. I wanted to venture more but the early morning was rainy and foggy so a long drive on a country was not inviting. A few photos taken, I returned home.



Being outdoors and buying fresh local produce will end too soon. This farm stays open until Halloween when it is hoped the pumpkins will be sold out!

1 comment:

  1. Nice series of images. Pumpkins are certainly symbolic of fall. Such a beautiful colour. I used to grow them in my Carman garden. Gave up when the local deer figured out they could cut them open with their sharp feet!

    ReplyDelete