Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, November 12, 2023

REMEMBRANCE DAY REFLECTIONS-RICHMOND HILL 2023

 I missed last year's Remembrance Day Service in Richmond Hill as I was with my grandchildren babysitting.

So taking my camera I parked at the Richmond Hill Library and walked to the Cenataph to get a seat.

The Service is always the same. Same hymns. Same poems. But being a Remembrance Day service that is okay.

I left my camera in my purse. I even did not want to take any photos on my phone.

I had pictures of the military banners on Yonge Street already.





Just a few of the many along the street.

One has more meaning.


Matthew Dinning was from Wingham but his grandparents live in Richmond Hill. Each year they place a wreath in his honour and for those that served in Afghanistan. He was 23.

I saw them after the service and stated always remembering your beautiful grandson. Then I simply said I have grandsons and couldn't imagine. A simple exchange between grandparents. 

Always remembering my family members that all came home from the wars they served for Canada.

So not a day for photos but just quiet reflection.

#remembranceday#quietreflection#alocalhero#grandparentsremembering#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment