Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, November 5, 2023

POEMS BY BARBARA- THE MIDNIGHT WIND AND WELL ENOUGH

THE MIDNIGHT WIND

Raged in the Early Hours.

Branches bending as they scraped the roof.

Blew the lid off the Rain Barrel

Leaves strewn

Some leaves made neat piles

Easy to gather and bag!

Did it blow away the issues.

The Concerns.

Did it blow some new hope and joy my way?

November 4, 2023


WELL ENOUGH

The rustling of leaves under my feet as if each rustle and leaf contains a memory.

Some days are easier than others.

But Fall seems to be a reminder that its season brings certain melancholy.

Remembering is often joyful

Remembering is often painful.

Remembering is often numb.

No feeling.

The numbness is easier as I do not have to feel.

Sometimes I do not want to feel anything.

Numb is a good thing.

I like going through the motions of being busy.

It takes any pressure off.

To the outside world I am coping.

Surviving.

Living on.

Busy,

As if being busy is so purposeful.

A wonderful external defense.

Oh she looks good.

She looks happy.

Fake it until you make it.

Well faking has become my mantra for living.

Be chatty.

Be polite.

Be nice.

It's okay to be not over it.

It's okay to contain the grief.

It's okay to be not okay.

So rather than I'm okay as an answer to how are you?

Well enough.

Confusing to some.

Others get it.

Well enough!!

November 4, 2023

I have been finding trying to write poems has become an outlet for some reflective thoughts. I am tired of reading experts and influencers and opinionate people trying to tell us all how to do, be, feel and live. I do not want to become one of those people.

So poems by Barbara is another way to challenge myself in this blog.

Enjoy!

#poemsbybarbara#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#wellenough#midnightwind#fakeituntilyoumakeit#okaynottobeokay#barbaradimambro#poemshelpwithlife'sprocessing




No comments:

Post a Comment