Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, August 10, 2023

THE DEATH OF A SPOUSE IS NOT LIKE A DIVORCE

 So widows share notes on the dumb things people say to them.

Insensitive.

No compassion.

One lady told me a group she attended with her spouse had another member tell her this after she went back. Well I have never lost a spouse but I did have a cat that died. Hum!! Do you believe it?

Also many widows get told a death of a spouse is like a divorce. Well actually it is not.

Two very separate events.

Yes with divorce you can go through a grieving process. 

Death you go through a grieving process.

The two events are very different.

A divorce is a choice.

Death is permanent. And the widow did not have a choice.

My list of stupid things said to widows is growing.

#deathandgrieving#deathofaspouse#divorceisnotlikethedeathofaspouse#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment