Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, August 12, 2023

REFLECTIONS ON AN AUGUST DAY 2023- SOMETIMES REMEMBERING BRINGS ANXIETY

 Trying to enjoy the summer without becoming stressed about the Fall commitments.

September will be busy due to several functions.

Granddaughter starting university. Daughter going back for a second degree. Both York!

So today while I was greeting the morning I was remembering other very stressful times and my anxiety level heightened.

Knowing how many stressful times I have endured, survived is breathtaking.

Heh I made it to the other side. 

So when I am planning and doing and organizing in August which I really should just be enjoying I remember all is dobable and will not kill me. Also some people who need to give me information are not! Hum!

I remember to enjoy the summer. Walking. Sometimes just sitting outside. My backyard is a jungle so it is like being in a jungle, very private. Just without any dangerous jungle creatures. Ha.Ha!

So an anniversary celebrated. Phone call to a sister on her birthday.

A grandson's birthday is in the wings!! Yay-more cake.

The construction on the street is finished so the not knowing can I get out of my driveway, do I need to park up the street and the noise. However, to tell the truth there was a bit of excitement as it reminded me of Adolph's work for decades in the Construction Industry. Does it sound strange but I did not mind the smell of asphalt? Adolph's one company was in asphalt. He would come home sometimes after helping the guys with the aroma of asphalt. It was honest work and paid the bills and paid for some nice vacations.

So August. Love you and don't want to leave you.

#augustreflections#plannningandorganizingforSeptember#tryingtorelishthesummermonths#constructionbringsbackmemories#adolphwasinconstruction#augustbirthdays#ananniversarycelebrated#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro


2 comments:

  1. Now in his 80th year, you fav cuz gets nostalgic too. Thinking of all the people I've known and the many I've outlived ... I miss many of them ... we're going through major home renovations now, brought on by the discovery of mold under our kitchen cupboards and sections of our basement drywall ... we will have to replace our kitchen flooring, countertop, and some basement studs and drywall. At least it gives us the chance to redo our kitchen the way we want it. Also, we'll replace our 30 year old kitchen appliances with more energy efficient ones! What we like most is living in our own bedrooms and not spending a week in the Le Pas hotel. To use a cliché, every cloud has a silver lining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I do hope the renovations go well. It is amazing how many memories can surface at strange times. Imagine me liking asphalt and seeing the crews working. You are right every cloud does have a silver lining. Sometimes just doing and getting through another day is that lining. Love you cuz.

    ReplyDelete