Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, August 13, 2023

KEEPING TOXIC PEOPLE AWAY-NOT AS EASY AS IT SEEMS

 Everyone has someone that hates you.

Everyone has someone that wants to see you fail.

It is not your problem. It is their problem.

Gossip spread can not be taken back. 

Like weeds in a flower garden it grows back.


How to keep defined boundaries?

So when you hear something that was said and told to you that was about you, do not knee jerk react.

Listen. Breathe and do not give the person any more fodder. Ask yourself-why is this person right now telling me this negative information? What does this person want to get from it? Help me or hurt me is what to ask yourself?

If asked a personal question, you do not have to answer it. Personal life is your business.

My view is always- what does the person want to do with the information. 

I listen. I see. I know a lot of things. Knowledge is power. So what to do with the power.

Well not much. Just knowing sides of every story is power. 

If the person that is on one side of the story is toxic then I get as far away from that person as possible.

Luckily for me, I am retired. So I do not have so many teams and groups and others that bring toxicity to my life.

Those to whom I must engage is done minimally. 

On the other hand, those that I love and embrace have me fully in their lives. 

Adolph and I were there for so many family members at stages of our lives. Yes several of those members did not reciprocate. And of course not even a thank you. Some did. But being kind and generous is worth it. Life presents itself as I find other good people have come into my life or back into my life. Old friends are now current friends again. Some family members are closer again. 

Life is a vacuum so getting rid of toxic people lets the good ones fill the space.

Since I have some good ones is just fine for me.

So how do you get rid of toxic people in your life?

#toxicpeople#gettingridoftoxicpeople#knowingwhoistoxicandwhoisnot#nurturingthegoodrelationships#lovingthosewholoveyou#keepingthegoodpeopleinyourlife#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment