Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, May 29, 2023

JOURNALING HELPS DURING THOSE DIFFICULT TIMES! ESPECIALLY GRIEF!

 Journaling helps during difficult times.

As a professional Social Worker, I knew all the jargon and talk any therapist would give me.

When my beloved Adolph was sick, I really did not want to share so many intimate feelings with anyone.

Besides the privacy thing. Did Adolph want me to share?

So a journal on my computer was my outlet. I would bang away.

Thoughts.

Swear words.

Negative.

You got it.

It worked.

So for 2 years after retirement it was my go to therapy.

Adolph's nurse would ask if I talked with anyone. No I journal.

I did not need counselling.

My family and some close friends filled in the gap beyond journaling.

Then because I dealt with his dying and death so well, I am told I am strong. Not everyone is so strong.

I do not see it that way. I just feel I loved him and it was the loving thing to do.

Besides like I have said so often. Caring for him was the easy part, living without him has been the hard part.

#journalingthroughgrief#griefandjournaling#therapyisnotforeveryone#dealingwithgriefanddying#dealingwithalovedonesdeath#missingthemanyourloved#caringforhimwastheeasypart,livingwithouthimhasbeenthehardpart#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment