Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, May 19, 2023

BARB'S GENEALOGY TIDBITS-KATHLEEN WITHERIDGE CONTRIBUTION TO OUR FAMILY HISTORY

 In my first years researching family lines, I posted a request for information on my maternal line of Witheridge.

My mother May Arline Ina Ellis was the daughter of Ernest Adolphus Ellis and Mary Edna English.

Mary Edna was the daughter of Patrick English and Elizabeth Maude Witheridge.

I posted in one of the newsletters of the time about the Witheridge family in 1987. One year later just before I was about to leave on a trip west with my girls Kathleen Witheridge contacted me by letter asking if I was interested in the information she had dating back to the 1600s in England.

Thus my connection over the years with her. I joined the Witheridge Association in England and for many years received their biannual journals.

Kathleen organized a family reunion of Witheridges in Courtice Ontario at the Ebenezer United Church where the cemetery that held our early family lines- Witheridge, Saunders, Oke, Osborne- burials and tombstones.


The older part of the cemetery in the background.


The reunion had Witheridge family from the States, other provinces and other parts of Ontario.

Kathleen provided family history binders of all my lines. She donated most of her writings to the Durham Branch and they are housed in the local history library.

If anyone is interested in more information on the Witheridge family lines, write in the comments and I will contact you.

I was thinking of her today and how one person's contribution to genealogy impacts so many.

Thank You Kathleen Witheridge!

#kathleenwitheridge#witheridgefamilylines#familyhistory#barb'sgenalogytidbits#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment