Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, July 10, 2022

SERVICE OUT FOR A DAY BUT WE SURVIVED-DON'T PUT ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET

 The old adage do not put all your eggs in one basket.

So Rogers for internet and landline and for some reason my TV cable still worked.

My cellphone is Telus so had a phone and that service.

When I move I will rethink all services in one. My home security is telus.

Some complained about the hospital and not getting hold of families. Well if I had a family member in hospital-duh- I would have gone there.

If I was a staff I would have gone in person. And not call in sick knowing that there was an outage. It is called a Code Orange-a community emergency!! 

Too many excuses.

In person and using other means.

Having some cash on hand works too. I remember another outage years ago and people did not have cash.

Well restaurants and all businesses to have those swipe card manual devices for such emergencies.

When I worked in the hospital all charting was electronic. However we had paper copies of all forms in case of such emergencies. Doctors could write on prescription pads if an electronic one could not be given. Charting could be done.

We are told to have emergency supplies in our homes. Think about how to get a hold of peopl.

Ham operators were on stand by. 

So a wakeup call for many people.

Not the poor me. Povera me. Mentality is passe!!

So we survived okay.

How about you? How did you do for the 30 hours of inconvenience?

#serviceoutageofrogers#teluswasworking#don'tputallyoureggsinonebasket#survivingtheoutage#businesseslostmoney#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro


No comments:

Post a Comment