Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, July 16, 2022

FEELING OKAY IS OFTEN GOOD ENOUGH-YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE GREAT

 I was recently challenged about saying I was okay.

The person challenged and said you should say you feel great.

I gently said that sometimes okay is really good enough.

Feeling okay may mean you are coming back from a bad space and did not feel well.

But now feeling okay.

For me I have stopped the pretense of either being really great and happy or mad or sad.

I do not need to share all my feelings with everyone. Just the ones I love and trust.

I check my feelings at the door and simply am okay 

I do not have to justify my feelings with anyone. 

I do not need to answer anymore than I am okay.

Frankly sometimes I am not okay. I do not feel great. But I will say I am okay

Sometimes just making it through the day with purpose can be difficult. So being at okay is really okay enough.

How do you feel about being asked how you are feeling? Do you answer honestly or with a trite okay? Do you really want to share your feelings? What are your thoughts?

#feelingokay#feelingokaybutnotgreat#learningtoownyourfeelings#doyoucheckyourfeelingsatthedoor#doyouwanttofeelgreatandnotjustokay#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambe


No comments:

Post a Comment