Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, July 17, 2022

BARB'S GENEALOGY TIDBITS-WORKING ON THE DI MAMBRO BINDER

 Genealogy means information pours in from many sources.

Making little piles of paper and putting into binders.

Sticky notes.

Typed notes.

Photos. In the family album or the family history binder??

So my Di Mambro binder needed some weeding out of stuff. Lots of duplication.

Also consideration of what to scan to upload to Evernote.

What to make digital?? Less paper for future generations.

Now with second cousins of Adolph giving me his Lanni and Matrundola lines in a neat form I can reorganize those lines for the binder.

As stated in other posts, I am trying not to have thousands of names to give my grandchildren but the basic lines with access to a more comprehensive history if they so chose.

Working on Adolph's history and updating the local cousin lines is therapeutic for me. I have found some funny notes that are fun to include.

Like the time he told me about how the women used to wash the sheets in the river then had to carry the 50lb baskets back home. The sheets were wet. He added they could hardly move carrying the baskets. That is why the women are so short as it weighted them down. I had made a note that we laughed and laughed at this last comment. 

Sometimes family history research can be fun due to the person engaging with you. Adolph could be funny and not so serious.

So those cute tidbits in the binder bring me some joy.

#genealogyresearch#familyhistoryresearch#barb'sgenealogytidbits#DiMambrofamilyhistorybinder#scanninganduploadingtoEvernote#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment