Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, March 29, 2022

POEMS BY BARBARA SET A MOOD IN TIME

 I used to write poems a lot in my youth and early 20s.

Then not so much.

So today I found three that I will share here.


Angels in the Snow

As I watched the snowflakes

          gently drift to the ground.

I thought of angels in the snow.

The inner joy of laying on Virgin snow

         Waving arms and legs creating those white angels.

I wonder if the real ones watch?

January 8, 1994


Be Kind

Go out of your way to be kind.

Give until it hurts the United Way slogan reads.

Why kind?

To make the world a better place.

To make my world a better place.

Does it give meaning in a manner that nothing else replaces.

Kindness, thoughtfulness-meaning, a way of life.

Purposeful, meaningful, just plain nice. Can my epitaph read- just plain nice.

What's wrong with being nice?

Why does it raise contempt in others? Why does it hurt to be nice?

Why nice guys finish last or do they?

Perhaps they just stand aside to let others pass because the need to be number one is not paramount in their lives.

It's nice to let others go first, it's nice to bring joy to others.

It brings joy to oneself.

So do we finish last, if the last smile is ours.

Kind, it's okay to be kind.

June 29, 2011


BIRTHDAY CAKE

WE HAVE A BIRTHDAY

A CAKE

BLOW OUT THE CANDLES

OH-MAKE A WISH

TIME TO CELEBRATE

DON'T WAIT

THE TICKING CLOCK

STOPS FOR NO ONE

JANUARY 27, 2021

#poemsbybarbara#wirtingpeotrytoexpresssomethoughts#angelsinthesnow#birthdaycake#beingkind#threepoesonaTuesdayafternoon#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro


No comments:

Post a Comment