Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, March 2, 2022

IMAGES OF WAR ARE NEVER PRETTY

 In my lifetime, I have seen those pictures from WW1 andWW2.

In my teens, night time news of the War in Viet Nam.

The 7 days war in Israel. 1967.

Wars in Africa.

The Gulf War.

The War in Afghanistan. 

And now Ukraine.

Never pretty. The loss of life. The unnecessary destruction. Senseless.

People trying to survive. Explosions.

For everyone- not pretty! 

Man's inhumanity to man. For what!

Lies that Ukraine needs to be freed from what.

Just a move to get more territory?

So images bring up so many emotions and feelings. I am not really angry right now.

I am very sad for the human toil and cost.

Helpless to do much. So donations to vetted charities that can be on the ground in neighbouring countries.

I hate war. 

#warisneverpretty#vietnam#israel#africa#ww1#ww2#lossofhumanlife#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro


No comments:

Post a Comment