Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, March 22, 2022

DID COVID TEACH EVERYONE THE SAME LESSONS-I THINK NOT

 Isolation in the beginning. Physical distancing was doable. Just walking away from people on sidewalks etc.

Masks. Not in your own home but out and about. But sometimes at family events.

Vaccines. What a blessing we could have vaccines.

We are in this together. Reaching out to others and them to me. Making room to make sure I had social activities. Phone calls, texting, letters, notes.

With the anti people about everything we certainly did not experience Covid the same way.

Those that lost a loved one to Covid had a different experience.

Those that lost a loved to another disease or illness had a different experience.

Only now can people have real funerals again. Real weddings. Real celebrations. So remember many people had such different experiences. 

For the majority of Canadians Public Health measures saved our lives or kept us from serious illness or death.

Yes folks death. 30,000 plus people have died from Covid in Canada and millions worldwide and counting.



Like Spring after a cold winter, looking for the positive signs.

So now the things that annoy me.

Masks were not a big thing to bear. So if you do not like a mask, then make sure to tell your surgeon he/she does not need to wear a mask during surgery or your dentist or anyone else providing a hygienic procedure. And I guess you are okay with them not washing their hands either.

One newscaster has made a big deal her 3 year old daughter did not have sand between her toes for the last several months because they did not travel. Duh. There are many beaches here in Ontario close to Toronto. One did not have to go south to find a beach. She could have bought a sandbox for her child.

The it is all about me and what I could not do. I I I I. Tired of the I I I people. For some people it was just about them. Poor me I I I could not do this or that.

If you were not seriously ill or died, then life is very good.

If you have an income or a successful business or no real hardships. Life is good.

Think about others who lost a business. Could not visit an elderly family member in Long Term Care. Or travel to visit someone in their family.

Privilege! Not a right!!

With the war in Ukraine, it is so difficult to tolerate some people these days. I am trying to be caring and compassionate but to the selfish and yes I call them selfish people it is very hard.

I think about people suffering real problems.

Coming out of the pandemic slowly is still the best option.

So I will mask in many situations. I will not mask around vaccinated or close family members who by the way are all vaccinated and boosted.

As a Canadian in a free democracy, I am very privileged. Yes privileged. I do not take it for granted. I feel blessed every day.

And the biggest annoyance that whole white supremacist Freedom Truck Convoy! I keep saying load up and take some supplies to Ukraine.

How about you? How are you feeling coming out of the mandates? Are you ready to let go?

#covidrestrictionslessening#wearingamaskisnotabigdeal#Iamokaywithrestrictions#coviddoesn'tcare#feelfreetowearamask#maskingisnotabigdeal#selfishpeopleannoyme#hardtobecompassionateaboutselfishpeople#realpeopleandrealproblems#thepopulationisdivided#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro


No comments:

Post a Comment