Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, March 3, 2022

CAN ONE EVER HAVE ENOUGH PHOTOS?

 Our current times gives us tons of photos. Selfies, digital, many cameras at an event.

!0 of the same pose.

Only a few decades ago, roll film. 24 pictures to a roll. So careful to get the right picture.

As a family goes back a generation there are fewer pictures. Often a posed one at a photographer's studio.

In the genealogy world, one picture of a gggrandparent can be so precious.

A photo is a moment in time. Events, birthdays, weddings, backyard barbecues, pets, sunrises, sunsets are some of the notable pictures everyone takes.

Of course we all have our favourite photos of ourselves and others. 

Some moments in time stand out more than others. 

In a box all jumbled or meticulously organized in photo albums are the extremes. Digital or print in folders or themes.

Photo books are so popular. I have done a few. I get better at it with each new one I create.

The first one can be saved so others can be created. The Pan Am games, my 45th anniversary and a lovely one on spring flowers.

So the question? Can we have too many photos? Depends on family ties. People throw away albums and pictures. Others hunt down photos like a bounty hunter for future generations. 

For me, I use them in family stories, my blog, send photos from my album to the picture in the pictures. For example, I knew my girls would not want 50 pictures of my nephew. But he did and he could save with his daughter.

So sharing, forwarding, using in local histories helps to preserve them. Our old house on Weldrick Road has been posted to several local facebook and historical sites. One picture shared many different ways.

I love photos and can really not have enough. But knowing how to organize and share them makes the task so much better.

How about you? Do you take lots of photos? How do you organize them?

#doyouhaveenoughphotos#photosaretobeshared#life'seventsinphotos#amomentintime#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment