Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, March 15, 2021

HAWAIIAN MEMORIES

 Adolph and I honeymooned in Hawaii- May 1971.

Finding some handwritten notes in my scrapbook of the trip, decided to transcribe them. So many fun memories came back.

We stayed in an economy hotel where we could make our own food and still eat out if necessary.

What amused me was the cost of items!

We could eat very cheaply.

We only stayed on Oahu. But there were some many things to do and places to see for free.



These pictures are from a travel album I bought at a flea market many years ago. Waikiki around 1910. Colourized by the My Heritage program. 

Hawaii still calls to me. Adolph and I had always wanted to return but we never did. 

So I watch shows like Magum P.I. based in Hawaii to get that feel for that beautiful destination.

It might be fun to go one day with family. But without Adolph it would not be the same.

#memoriesofHawaii#rememberingourhoneymoon#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#rmemberingthegoodtimes#memoriesareagoodthing

No comments:

Post a Comment