Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, March 11, 2021

DAY OF OBSERVANCE- REMEMBERING THE LAST YEAR

 What name to give the anniversary of the declaration of a global pandemic!

Everyone knows what they were doing.

School to be closed for an extra two weeks that morphed into 3 months.

Stay home.

Limit contacts.

Businesses to be closed.

Panic buying.




Extra supplies for Adolph and me.

Lots of toilet paper that I also shared with my family.

Then use masks but not cloth. Then cloth ones were okay. So making a bunch.



And two more batches for us and family. I was not interested in joining community groups and making for others that could spend the time making some for themselves. Nor did I want to donate my stash of supplies.

I made donations to causes I support- like the local hospital. Food Bank. And some homeless people on the street.

So following the rules. No easter dinner together. Birthdays away from family.

HOPE prevails now. There is the vaccine rollout. Still necessary to do Public Health protocols.

I think I will be wearing a mask shopping and being in crowds of people for a long time. Washing hands is always a good thing anyway.

The year was long and not so long. So much with it. 

For me the biggest concern was keeping the virus away from Adolph. Luckily he did not get it thanks to all of us in this family. But hard for the family as they really wanted to see their Granpa!!

So not a celebration. Just a quiet reflection. Writing this brings up so much of the last year. Mostly dealing with a death through COVID that denied us the real way to honour our loved one. No funeral. Limited contacts with families that may have offered condolences or not. COVID also made it easier for people to do nothing. Not even a phone call! Which I will remember! Many of his family members are out of my life permanently now.

COVID reminded us of what was important. Some people rose to the occasion. Some just whined about their own self-centerness.  

So what memories does COVID conjure for you??

#covidafteroneyearofpandemicdeclaration#covidandallitstragedies#theyearhasbeenahardone#tryingtomuddlethroughtheyear#hopeprevailswiththevaccine#wearamask#makingmasks#followingtherules#stayinghomesucks#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro



No comments:

Post a Comment