Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, February 15, 2019

THE CANADIAN FLAG- 54 YEARS YOUNG

February 15, 1965 Canada had a new flag of its own. From the Red Ensign to the wonderful red and white Maple Leaf.
Whether depicted in a quilt or in big and small flags it come to me a wonderful symbol of our country.
However, I remember the debate well. The various versions of what the flag should be. The good old fashioned Canadian discussion that seemed to go on forever. Not everyone embraced the flag. As flags go, I think is quite cool. Or as the 1960s saying would go- Groovy!!
Do you like our flag?
#canadianflag#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#FlagdayinCanada#rememberingthedebateaboutanewflag#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment