Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, February 15, 2019

BOOMER BARBARA ROCKS RETIREMENT- SOME USE OF MY WOOL RESOURCES

Resigning oneself to living on a fixed income takes some ingenuity. So a previous post described using the resources at hand. Almost like my parents' generation that grew up through the depression.
So attacking the odds and ends of my yarn stash was a good beginning.
The pink and blue small balls of wool have created two little hats and a scarf in process. Two shades of pink wool has become a nice baby blanket. The multi coloured wool is a 10 stitch afghan stitch to use in a crazy quilt style blanket for the master bedroom that is in the works. I have used small balls of purple and green that match well with the coral centre.
The yellow hat for a young child was two balls of yellow while the purple and green child blankets used more scraps of wool.
I find that watching TV with my husband allows the time in the day and night to work on these projects. Not more than a couple of hours daily. The feeling of making something useful from my bag of misc balls of yarn gives a good sense of accomplishment. Plus making room in my craft room.
My knitted and crocheted stash is growing. So sell, donate or give as a gift gives this Senior some options in frugal living. Always looking for a place to sell them too!!
#boomerbarbara#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#usingupthatstashofwool#usingupthatstashofyarn#makingusefulitemsfrommystash#barbaradimambro#keepingmyhandsbusywithcrafts#sellinghomemadeitems#livingfrugally

No comments:

Post a Comment