Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, December 21, 2013

CHRISTMAS CARDS ARE HUNG

in the doorway with care. When you send cards to friends and families every Christmas, the delight is receiving one back with little messages and updates. My Christmas newsletter is well received by many and those that think it is lame-oh well!! In the last week, I have had some fun. A card from one of our Armed Forces personnel from Haiti thanking me for my well wishes. As everyone knows, I have sent letters or cards and before September 11th little packages to our Armed Forces personnel wherever they are serving. I usually may get one letter or card back. Last year I did not receive one which is okay but in my mailbox this week the card from one was waiting. Then Zia Maria in Georgia, USA thanking us in Italian for the update. Sylvia on Vancouver Island that writes long messages in her cards every year makes her card a joy. Debra telling me she loves reading my newsletter every year. Cathy still working and loving it! Some just sign their name after a Merry Christmas. Of course an email newsletter is printed and placed with with cards!! I save all the stamps as I am a collector as most people know! I love the young family cards with the recent family photos! Love that the younger crowd still sends out lots of cards that way! Close family will also receive a phone call because the voice on the other end is good to hear. Oh Christmas card, oh Christmas card you are a pleasure in my life! To all who sent one, your card in hanging in a special spot and has another special place in my heart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment