Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, December 4, 2013

NANA SAYS DECEMBER IS TIME TO BRACE YOURSELF FOR THE CHRISTMAS SEASON

With the start of December, the Christmas season can rave up for most families. Decorating, finishing shopping and trying to do some activities with little children takes planning and patience. So what memories do you want to create? A harried parent running from activity to activity? Children love many aspects of the season. With most of my decorating finished, my granddaughter Sophia enjoyed revisiting all of Nana's things. The Christmas books, time to sit and watch a movie, and baking one or two items for the season can be home functions.. My advice-do one activity at a time. I remember when my girls were small I needed to do my baking and wanted to make sugar cookies with them. Trying to do my stuff and their activity did not work. Children need to take their time. So after that little disaster, I learnt to do my baking separately and their cookie making as a fun time! My girls make a gingerbread house or cupcakes with their kids! One activity at a time! Using the grandparents so some things can be done may be essential. Dropping the grandkids to them or a friend's house allows some time to wrap and finish Christmas chores without little eyes around! It is a busy time of year. But try to find those quiet moments with your children before the big day! If possible, remember to try to take some of those unused vacation days to get things done. A home with love and joy of the season gives a good message to children. Of course, music playing often so they learn the Christmas carrols that no longer are allowed in most schools!

1 comment: