Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, December 12, 2013

CHRISTMAS CAN BRING DEPRESSION AND SOCIAL ISOLATION

Amidst all the hoopla of the Christmas season, many people can feel depressed and socially isolated. Trying to find your way can be difficult. Family events should be fun but often can be very stressful if there are unresolved family issues. If alone, try to be around people. Even going to a movie alone will bring some social sense to your life. If depressed-call a crisis line, call your doctor or if you find coping is too difficult go to your nearest emergency department to seek help. Remember the season will pass! Don't be afraid to ask other lonely people to your dinner or events. It may make a difference in their lives.



1 comment:

  1. The most depressing thing for me lately is all the Google ads that appear every time I visit a web page, including this one. I hate these intrusive ads. I think I'll get out of Google + because that's where they seem to come from.

    ReplyDelete