Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, December 1, 2013

STARTING DECEMBER AT THE ONE OF A KIND CRAFT SHOW AND SALE IN TORONTO

November ended with a birthday celebration. Adolph did most of the cooking for our daughter's dinner party! Fresh pasta by him and greek salad by Natasha. Simple family times are the best. Enjoying a cake with some singing rounded off the evening. December started with more Christmas preparations. A jaunt downtown to the One of a Kind Craft show and sale with Sonya and new baby was a good start to the month. It was at the Direct Energy Centre on the Exhibition grounds. It reminded me of the first one of a kind show and sale. It was in 1975 when I had started my first job at Catholic Children's Aid. My work buddy Denise and I actually went to it several times on our lunch hour as it was about 10 minutes away from our workplace.. It was smaller of course. I bought some beautiful grey wine glasses that were made by a potter. I still have those glasses but do not use them as they are tucked away. The Sale has grown over the years. I do not attend every year but going every few years makes it fun. Perhaps a few photos will be shared at a later time. Crafters come from all over Canada to exhibit and sell their wares. I grabbed a few business cards of some of the artists to scruntinize their web sites at another time. So are you going to any craft sales? Even the local church ones can be fun this time of year and often are for a good cause!   

1 comment:

  1. I agree that craft sales can be fun and inspiring. Our nearby farmer's market always has a few craft tables. This past summer, I bought a scarf and some winter socks made of llama wool. I treasure them now that winter is here. And, we also have the big annual Art and Craft Sale at the Assiniboine Downs. Unfortunately, I missed it this year because of other commitments. I have 'souvenirs' of other times I was able to attend.

    ReplyDelete