Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, July 25, 2010

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS


In our hurried lives that can be filled with stress and the daily activities that stretch and pull us, it is wise to stop and "count your blessings". There are songs, movies and books that often play this theme. For me, just the fact I have made it to 60. So many people I have known have passed away in their 40's, 50's. My husband, children, grandchildren, family, friends. My ability to keep going when "the going gets tough." I have a purpose to get up every day and try to achieve some worthwhile goals which always include to do at least one kindness to a stranger. In Italian, sunflower means gira a sole- turn to the sun. If we use our blessings well, we too can turn to the sun for warmth, strength, inspiration and find solace-our blessings.
In your life what are your blessings? How there been times you struggle to feel blessed?

1 comment:

  1. I feel blessed to have you as friend, favorite cousin.

    ReplyDelete