Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, July 12, 2010

THOSE LISTS WE MAKE

Our lives become organized as we mark in our calendars the coming events. We make so many lists- grocery lists, the plans and items for a party, the Christmas list-presents and cards, the birthday list, the wedding guest list- the things to do for a wedding, the party list. How would we manage without our lists? Recently in a correspondence email to a friend, I mention the Bucket List. Since that sweet movie, it has become a list in my life. I now have 23 items on my Bucket list. It is really what dreams are made of- the things we dream to do. But do you know how dreams come to be? Take the first step. Write a poem-pen to paper. Take a picture-camera and focus and click. Learn to dance-turn on the music. Visit that place you want to see-start saving for the trip. Living a daily life means we need to do the routine, make a list, plan, keep focussed, run those errands. The Bucket List vs the To Do List-both are needed but do not forget your dreams.
So what's on your Bucket list? What are your dreams? If you could? What would it be?

1 comment:

  1. Those 'to do' lists soon disappear and are forgotten. Like grocery lists, they are just notes or reminders with no permanence. The 'Bucket List' is different: it's a keeper, whether kept on your computer, in the back of your journal, or a drawer. Bucket Lists used to be called 'Ten Things I Want to Do Before I Die'. Baby boomers now sometimes call them 'Mondo Beyondo Lists'. Like you, I like to call mine a 'Bucket List'. To me, they are a reminder to live life to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete