Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, July 10, 2010

THOSE ORDINARY MOMENTS


How many times in our lives do we almost miss the moments that make memories? Our daily coffee. The quick kiss goodbye. Stopping to smell the roses- a cliche that triggers something in all of us. Today I was lucky to chase two two year olds around-my grandsons. Making a mess, dropping their food, making bubbles. Last night Adolph and I heard a bird singing and tried to find it- we did- our little Gold Finch chirping away in the tree. Before I shut my curtains , I stopped to look at the sunset. In our hurried lives we can rush around looking for something that is right in front of us. What do you see when you look at the picture? Can you hear the loon singing? Is there a motor boat around the corner returning from a fishing trip? Isn't it a typical Canadian scene from anywhere? Ordinary picture. Ordinary moment. What are some of your best ordinary moments?

1 comment:

  1. The picture is almost exactly the view from the front of our cottage on Canyon Lake, near Vermilion Bay, Ontario. And, yes, I can hear the loon calling.

    ReplyDelete